So I didn’t want to get into it with the article that I just posted on the Huffington Post, but I am so tired of all of the “blame the victim” comments in regards to my divorce. Maybe 5% of the readers will end up at my website and then actually go to this blog, but I still want to print this as the Huffington Post doesn’t let me respond to comments.
I plan to take this post down in the next couple of days, as it really doesn’t serve much of a purpose but I would like to clarify one thing before everyone jumps down my throat about how I should have stuck around and tried to make my marriage work. First off, you don’t know much about me and you don’t anything about my marriage, so it is extremely presumptuous for you or anyone to tell me what I should have or should not have done regarding my divorce. But I have the absolute best reason to have terminated the marriage. Drum roll please….
My husband was a closeted homosexual. I had no idea and he was in denial when we got married, and after nine years together I found hard evidence to the fact and left him. We are on good terms, all things considered, and he lives openly as a gay man now. He is much happier living as a gay man, but it has been hard on both of us for obvious reasons.
So to the strangers who feel compelled to lecture me on “giving up on my marriage”…you don’t know enough about my situation to tell me that. And I mean that with the deepest sincerity. If the hell that I have been through for the past two years has taught me anything it is to be less judgmental of other people’s divorces. Because no one ever really knows what goes on in another person’s marriage, and I am living proof of a marriage that most people deemed as ideal, was in reality a total fraud.
- Top 10 Worst Things to Say to a Newly Divorced Person (julietjeske.wordpress.com)
- Book Release: “Divorcing a Narcissist” by author, Tina Swithin is receiving rave reviews from attorneys, doctors and celebrities (prweb.com)
- Divorce Causes: 23 Reasons Marriages End In Divorce, According To Divorced People (huffingtonpost.com)
- Life After Divorce: Would You Have Married Your Spouse If You Knew It Would End In Divorce? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fox News Runs Photo Of Lesbian Couple In Story About Traditional Marriage (buzzfeed.com)