So the title says it all. I had a horrible situation with eHarmony and I blogged about it. Then about a year later they sent my email an “icebreaker” from some user called “Craig”. I found that a bit crazy. I had no account with them, so why was I getting an “ice breaker.”
This is exactly what they sent me, a member who hasn’t been active for a year.
Your profile just made Craig smile.
Breaking the ice is a fun way to start a conversation. Log in to check out Craig and decide if you want to make the next move.
“ I am most passionate about helping others … i like to see others succeed … where I have failed. ”
– Craig, 42 from , Lindenhurst, New York
So what is going on here? Poor Craig from Lindenhurst thinks I am on the site. When I tried to unsubscribe, the link sent me to a page to re-activate my account. Now that I have continued to blog about this, some unknown user harassed me on this blog. Right after I basically shut that mess down, I had eHarmonyJack try to follow me on twitter. I blocked him immediately.
eHarmony is either still using my account without my consent, or this “Craig” person doesn’t exist. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks I am still on the site. It is really unethical for eHarmony to use defunct profiles as some type of bait for active members.
I think it is really sad that so many companies take advantage of people looking for love. And why harass me or any other blogger? The good folks at eHarmony should expect some dissatisfied customers. Anyone who has had a bad experience should have every right to share it with the rest of the world. Match.com, OKCupid and Jdate never sent me emails like this.
I have heard that eHarmony likes to tell people they are undesirable. Well consider this your forum. If eHarmony deemed you unacceptable, or if you had a bad experience on the site, please share your stories here!
- Planning on joining eHarmony? Then you will want to check this out (braker01.wordpress.com)
- Dating Online: Nice Guys of OKCupid – Why it’s Horrible (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Dating Online: Mr. Online Only (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Why is it so Difficult to Date in your Late Thirties? (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Dating Online: The Insult Approach (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Dating Online: Mr. Houdini (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Online Dating: Advice for Men – How to Pick Good Photos for your Profile. (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Dating Online: Why You get Ignored (julietjeskeblog.com)
- Dating Online: eHarmony is useless (julietjeskeblog.com)